To briefly catch you up from my long break from writing..here's a brief summary of the summer:
- I finished my second semester, including completing a grad. course with my adviser in which I was introduced to the computer programs Perplex and TWQ. Yippee for surviving my intro to thermobarometric modeling!
- Flew home for baby brother's high school graduation.
- Most of the summer I was working on a collaborative project with a visiting PhD student from University of Leeds, England. He came and spent two months in our lab and I was assigned as his "buddy" and helped him learn lab techniques, design a plan of attack, run samples, etc. Then once he left I have been finishing up the samples he did not complete. Look for my first coauthored, peer-reviewed paper to hopefully be published in the next year!
- I also worked on some of my own samples...dating several more "test" detrital garnets from Vermont that were used for a coauthored presentation given by my adviser at the Goldschmidt Geochemistry Conference in June. I got to go along and attend Goldschmidt as well, which was in Montreal this year!
- I was Maid of Honor in a wedding back home in July.
- My family came to visit me in Boston in August.
PS- If anyone has awesome advice on applying for an NSF GRFP...I'd love to hear it!