Monday, September 5, 2011

Moving into the Bay State

The big move has come and gone.  I guess I can now officially call my blog GeoKate in the Bay State..since I'm finally here!

Moving in turned out to be a bigger adventure than I had anticipated.  We drove from Indiana to Massachusetts over two days, just missing hurricane Irene by a couple days.  As Irene went through New England ahead of us, the thruway in New York was flooded and closed with no available detour, since most of the local roads were also flooded.  Luckily, a detour opened the day we left and the thruway itself opened in the middle of the night before we reached the flooded area so we made it through without incident.

Of course, riding across five states was the easy part.  Actually getting settled into my new apartment was a little more challenging......


1 comment: